Currently for Minecraft 1.6
Video demo (with annotations):
While working with the mod I accidentally got this effect:
A great Mod Spotlight by GamersDissent
Inspired by the Mob Dismemberment mod.
- Zombie Pigmen (with blood!)
- Zombies (with blood!)
This mod pre-1.6 is completely Clientside. It will now work on servers in 1.6 and later.
- Tools will have a random chance of amputating limbs of mobs. Swords and axes being the highest, followed by pickaxes, arrows and fishing hooks, and finally spades.
- Can be configured to allow 100% success in amputation with any item (Like in the video)
- Works only on Skeletons, Zombies and Zombie Pigmen.
- Headless mobs will eventually die after a brief moment. (Can be toggled)
- Skeleton’s attacking behaviour changes when its bow arm is cut off! ([Pre 1.6] This is disabled in SMP)
- (Pre 1.6)Gibs can be punched. Perfect for entertainment purposes.
- Works on SMP too!
- Drop it into the mods folder like most other mods.
- There will be a config file generated in the config folder which will allow you to disable or edit certain effects.
If you need any form of support or help, eg crashing, issues out of the ordinary, contact me here:
- Mob Amputation on Minecraft Forums
- #iChun on EsperNet. Click the IRC tab above.
- Fixed crash issue with non-existent clientside gibs.
- Ported to MCForge.
- Array of changes, look for the full blog post for info.
- Ported to 1.5.2
- Added no pushing config for gibs.
- Fixed harmless console spam.
- Fixed crashes with users using only ModLoader (No Forge).
- Fixed Wither Skeleton gibs using Normal Skeleton textures
- Fixed crashing with ModLoader.
- Made gibs face upwards instead of downwards.
- Minor changes due to the new “local multiplayer” concept.
- Adjusted fishing hooks. Now works properly on SMP/SSP.
- Changed chance system to use a value 0 – 1 instead of an integer starting from 1.
- Fixed gib behaviour with fishing hooks on SSP. Gibs will have the same chance as arrows and pickaxes to gib.
- Added config to allow users to add their custom item IDs with custom chance.
- Added function for modders to use to add their custom item IDs with custom chance.
- Added a lil easter egg for the fun of it.
- Fixed wolves attacking gibs rather than the entity the gib originated from.
- Fixed attacking detached gibs hurting the origin entity in SMP.
- Fixed being unable to detach the right arm of zombies in SMP.
Like this mod? Check out the Mob Dismemberment mod too! Reminder: This mod requires iChunUtil.
These versions require ModLoader.
- Health showing mods will show the health of each gib.
- Conflict with Improved First Person mod. Disable easterEgg in the config to fix.
- If your item does not extend ItemSword/Pickaxe/Axe/Spade, feel free to add it to the custom list for the mod. Simply execute this function once. Note that it is a probability from 0 to 1, in doubles. You can also add vanilla items, but it will override the defaults.
Also add your own entities for gibbing chance.
mod_Gibbing.addCustomItem(int itemID, double chance) mod_Gibbing.addCustomEntity(int netID, double chance)