Currently for Minecraft 1.7.10
Video demo (with annotations):
While working with the mod I accidentally got this effect:
A great Mod Spotlight by GamersDissent
Inspired by the Mob Dismemberment mod.
- Zombie Pigmen (with blood!)
- Zombies (with blood!)
This mod pre-1.6 is completely Clientside. It will now work on servers in 1.6 and later.
- Tools will have a random chance of amputating limbs of mobs. Swords and axes being the highest, followed by pickaxes, arrows and fishing hooks, and finally spades.
- Can be configured to allow 100% success in amputation with any item (Like in the video)
- Works only on Skeletons, Zombies and Zombie Pigmen.
- Headless mobs will eventually die after a brief moment. (Can be toggled)
- Skeleton’s attacking behaviour changes when its bow arm is cut off! ([Pre 1.6] This is disabled in SMP)
- (Pre 1.6)Gibs can be punched. Perfect for entertainment purposes.
- Works on SMP too!
- Drop it into the mods folder like most other mods.
- There will be a config file generated in the config folder which will allow you to disable or edit certain effects.
If you need any form of support or help, eg crashing, issues out of the ordinary, contact me here:
- Mob Amputation on Minecraft Forums
- #iChun on EsperNet. Click the IRC tab above.
Like this mod? Check out the Mob Dismemberment mod too! Reminder: This mod requires iChunUtil.
These versions require ModLoader.
- Conflict with Improved First Person mod. Disable easterEgg in the config to fix.
- If your item does not extend ItemSword/Pickaxe/Axe/Spade, feel free to add it to the custom list for the mod. Simply execute this function once. Note that it is a probability from 0 to 1, in doubles. You can also add vanilla items, but it will override the defaults.
Also add your own entities for gibbing chance.
mod_Gibbing.addCustomItem(int itemID, double chance) mod_Gibbing.addCustomEntity(int netID, double chance)