Currently for Minecraft 1.7.10
Made during a 96 hour modding marathon hosted by Searge of MCP, known as ModJam.
This mod adds an Aesthetic feature onto players, namely Hats!
(No, this is not a TF2 Mod)
This video explains how to use the mod to it’s full potential:
This is an early video of the mod when it was first released.
This mod comes pre-packaged with 78 hats which will automatically get installed when the mod is run for the first time. You can also install more hats from Techne Online later on.
It is made to be run on both servers with and without the mod. On servers without the mod, each player will have a random installed hat on (configurable). On servers with the mod, each player gets to show off their own choice of hat.
How do you choose a hat? Simple! Hit H on your keyboard whilst in-game and a Hat Selector GUI will pop up. This GUI shows you all your currently installed hats and lets you choose one to wear.
There’s also a colourizer option, allowing you to apply Minecraft’s colourizer on hats you wear. When you’ve decided on a hat, hit done and your hat will be displayed for everyone (on the modded server) to see.
If you installed a new hat and join a server with the mod, the mod will send the hat to the server, and the server will send it to all the players in your vicinity, so that they can view your hat, as well as use it.
(as this may pose a security risk, this can be disabled. However, by installing the mod, you accept whatever risks (although minimal) that you may encounter, without putting me or the mod liable. I have, however, tried to minimize the risk with my very best.)
Loads of thanks
- Mr. Hazard as main modeller. (Your models are awesome as always)
- ChipUK for hosting a test server.
- Everyone who helped tested the mod before ModJam ended.
- Everyone who was watching during the live stream.
- All the model submissions in within the 4 days of ModJam
- Everyone who participated in ModJam.
If you need any form of support or help, eg crashing, issues out of the ordinary, contact me here:
- Hats on Minecraft Forums
- #iChun on EsperNet. Click the IRC tab above.
- For Minecraft 1.7.10 4.0.0 Requires iChunUtil
- For Minecraft 1.7.2 3.0.1 Requires iChunUtil
- For Minecraft 1.7.2 3.0.0 Requires iChunUtil
- For Minecraft 1.6.X 2.1.8
- For Minecraft 1.6.X 2.1.7
- For Minecraft 1.6.X 2.1.6
- For Minecraft 1.6.X 2.1.5
- For Minecraft 1.6.X 2.1.4
- For Minecraft 1.6.X 2.1.3
- For Minecraft 1.6.X 2.1.2
- For Minecraft 1.6.X 2.1.1
- For Minecraft 1.6.X 2.1.0
- For Minecraft 1.6.X 2.0.2
- For Minecraft 1.6.X 2.0.1
- For Minecraft 1.6.X 2.0.0
- For Minecraft 1.5.X 1.3.3
- For Minecraft 1.5.X 1.3.2
- For Minecraft 1.5.X 1.3.1
- For Minecraft 1.5.X 1.3.0
- For Minecraft 1.5.X 1.2.0
- For Minecraft 1.4.7 1.2.0
- For Minecraft 1.5.X 1.1.0
- For Minecraft 1.4.7. 1.1.0
- For Minecraft 1.5.X 1.0.0
Also check out the Hat Stand addon!
Like the Back Tools mod, this mod is slightly incompatible with Smart Moving and Mine Little Pony and all mods of the like. Floating hats will occur, and there is nothing I can, or will, do about it.
Right now I’m planning on adding Hat Packs in the future, but for now there’s not enough hats to make a pack out of, so feel free to download any of the models from Techne Online. Drop the tcn file in the hats folder in the root of your minecraft jar (Where /mods/ is). Yeah… You can have a Xenomorph hat, if you know where to look.
Alternatively you can also make your own hats using Techne! You can check my post here for info.
People who donate higher than $5 will get a special customized hat added to the mod as a thank you for your support and contribution! Donations are split equally between iChun and mr_hazard.
How this works: In Hats 1.2.0 onwards, there will a be a tribute to people who have contributed to the mod in some way, allowing people to request certain custom* hats. All users** of the Hats mod will have these hats and will be able to view the hats (your MC name will be the Hat name) in the Contributor’s Category in the mod.
- $5 gets you a reskinned mini-you, using your character skin (at time of donation) hat, similar to this hat (Item not included).
- $7 gets you a reskinned mini-you, with a choice of, holding an (simple) item OR wearing a simple hat.
- $8 gets you a reskinned mini-you, holding an item AND sporting a simple hat on your mini-you head.
- $10 gets you a completely custom-created hat by an excellent modeller, mr_hazard. However, there are limitations in complexity of the model.
* Minecraft and Techne has limitations, certain hats are not possible. If your hat is not possible we will try our best to contact you using the email provided in the donation. If 2 weeks passes without a reply, the hat request will be discarded.
** All users which play using the mod while connected to an internet connection, and availability of the server hosting the hats.
*** Disclaimer: We will try our best to provide a hat in within 2 weeks from donation date until further notice (best effort basis). We apologise if we fail to deliver, but we will not be taken as liable as you have agreed to drop a donation.
**** You definitely need the mod to be installed to be able to see your hat in-game.
Before dropping a donation (in the review stage), be sure to add the following information using the paypal form: Minecraft In-Game Name (case sensitive), (If any) choice of item/mini-you hat/custom hat, additional comments (optional)
If you are unable to leave the information, please contact iChun as soon as possible.
Also, please use the form below, and not the ones on right.
Sorry! We’re not accepting donations for hats right now as Mr. Hazard is currently too busy to work on any hats.