Currently for Minecraft 1.6.X
(Yes, I’ve seen CaptainSparklez’s mod review. No, fire will not be grabable. Also, CaptainSparklez used an older version of the mod! A couple of changes were added to the mod since the version [including a few buffs to the supercharged gravity gun] he’s used in his spotlight [see changelog, the version used was 1.4.4v1/1.4.2v3]. However I still appreciate that he made an excellent review of the mod )
Awesome Spotlight by ThnxCya
Updated Spotlight by LexLV!
Thanks to Direwolf20 for this mod spotlight!
This mod adds the Gravity Gun from Half Life 2 to Minecraft.
Congrats to L5_ for creating the texture I decided on
Thanks to mr_hazard|d95 for making the in-hand model the mod now uses!
Requires Minecraft Forge.
Drop it into the mods folder like most other mods.
Uses item ID 13190 by default.
The primary button creates a blast that will push back entities. Entities that you throw back will be come projectiles and is likely to hurt any other entities they collide into. The secondary button will do the opposite, and pull in entities If the entity is close enough it will grab them. You can also grab blocks, but you cannot pull them from a distance.
How to get the Supercharged Gravity Gun
Good luck getting struck by lightning.
There is also a recipe… But its a secret!
If you need any form of support or help, eg crashing, issues out of the ordinary, contact me here:
- Gravity Gun on Minecraft Forums
- #iChun on EsperNet. Click the IRC tab above.
- Reverted respect for block placement due to more complaints about it than without it.
- Fixed critical grabbing issue not updating surrounding blocks
- Attempted mem leak patching.
- Fixed block grabbing whitelist not working.
- Fixed TileEntities that extend IInventory not dropping its contents when block entities fail to be placed.
- Fixed being struck by lightning not upgrading the uncharged gravity gun.
- Allowed blocks which uses the chest render type (22) to be grabbed.
- Block entities which fall too far into the void will be killed.
- Block entities now respect block placement rules.
- Fixed crashing with Block entities.
- Fixed Out Of Bounds crashing with Block entities.
- Fixed Null Pointer Exception crashing with Block entities.
- Fixed Mystcraft Portal duplication glitch.
- Fixed “small” memory leak.
- Attempted fix at Block entities getting being placed in the floor.
- Added new model for fancy video settings, also by mr_hazard|d95.
- Made block grabbing respect block hardness, negative means no grabby.
- Ported from 1.4.5v1.
- Fixed grabbing entities riding the grabber.
- Fixed wrong world instance usage.
- Fixed “failed to read settings” issue when unsuccessfully connecting to servers.
- Fixed improper model alignment on non-player entities holding the gravity gun.
- Players now hold the gravity gun the same way they hold an armed bow.
- Changed moved gravigun folder from mods to resources.
- Fixed grabbing issue with ghast fireballs.
- Added feature: Creepers explode after hitting something when launched by the gravity gun. Configurable.
- Fixed block duplication glitch with cobblestone.
- Fixed interdimensional grabbing (psst mystcraft)
- Disabled interacting with entities while holding the gravigun. (Since right click pulls/grabs them)
- Increased throwing power of supercharged gravity gun slightly.
- Updated mr_hazard|d95′s model.
- Half Slabs can now be grabbed.
- Damage inflicted by throwing an entity into another is now varies depending on the size of the entity thrown and the entities hit.
- Added compatibility with PortalGun v1 and later.
- Fixed interaction with blocks when right clicking.
- Added new model by mr_hazard|d95. Looks sweet! Many thanks!!
- Fixed tile entities not maintaining their state/inventory.
Starting from 1.5.0v1, you also require iChun Util to be installed.
- 2.0.0 For Minecraft 1.6.X. Requires iChun Util.
- 1.5.1 | Mirror For Minecraft 1.5.X. Requires iChun Util.
- 1.5.0v2 | Mirror For Minecraft 1.5.X. Requires iChun Util.
- 1.5.0v1 | Mirror For Minecraft 1.5.X. Requires iChun Util.
- 1.4.7v2 | Mirror
- 1.4.7v1 | Mirror
- 1.4.6v1 | Mirror
- 1.4.2v3 <– this one has the new model too!
- shantomken – Testing
- TheAJGman, briman00094 – Sounds
- L5_ – Texture
- mr_hazard|d95 – Model
- If there’s a block that gravigun grabs which you don’t like, execute this:
- gravigun.common.GraviGun.addBlockIDToGrabList(int blockID);
- gravigun.common.GraviGun.addBlockIDToGrabList(int blockID, int metadata);
- You can also send an IMCMessage to “GraviGun” with the key “addBlockIDToGrabList” and the values being “id: meta: meta, id: meta, id, id …” for your blocks. Formatting and spacing are important.